Mikayla and I went on a fun weekend on the East side of the state. James had to work so we made it a girls weekend. This was kind of my last activity before getting back into the school mode. We started out our time at Ella's 3rd Birthday party. Mikayla had a blast on the car bouncer, eating cake and playing with all the kids her age. Mikayla even had her first sleep over with Ella...Mikayla was sleeping before there was any girls giggling all night long. On Sunday we went to my Aunt Tammy and Uncle John's house and had a blast swimming in the neighbors pool and then over to my cousin's house to play with their 3 girls in their pool. It was the 90 degree weekend and so the only thing enjoyable to do was play in the pool. It was a fun filled day. Then Monday it was off to the Toledo Zoo. We met our friend Jess, Ella and Brayden and then Sunshine and Jackson and my friend Andrea even drove down from Ann Arbor to join us for part of the day. The skies were looking a little dark in the morning so we weren't sure if we would be able to make it through the day without rain...but in the end we did. The kids had a blast even though it was SUPER HOT. The Toledo Zoo was a very nice zoo with some animals that we hadn't seen at our other zoo tours of the summer-the Elephants and Gorillas were our favorites. I think Mikayla liked our train ride the most! We were exhausted on our ride home, but we had a wonderful time. We were very excited to be going home to see James though-we missed him while we were away. James was working on our new addition to our garage a nice storge shed-he got most of the siding on while we were gone. So it was nice to see his accomplishments when we got home too. It was a nice to spend time with family and friends before I have to get back into the swing of school. Next Tuesday is my 1st official day back...but this week I have been at a conference at school to get 2 graduate credits-so I am pretty much back to work. We found a new childcare provider this year. She lives in our school disrict so Mikayla will ride the bus from her house to school everyday! Mikayla love it there and she is really excited to start school. I can't believe that she starts in a week and a half and my baby is going to school! But she is looking forward to it and I know it is what is best for her, she will learn so much and make many new friends. We also have been having fun getting ready for school and shopping for new "school" clothes! Sorry for the long update...but I hadn't updated in awhile so I wanted to get everyone caught up on our lives! Hope you enjoy the pictures!
Ella's birthday party....

The Toledo Zoo-

I tried a new program to have more pics altogether-not sure I like it, but you can see that we had a fun time at the zoo!

End of summer fun...picking tomatoes out of the garden-trying out bikes at Toy's R' Us we are getting Christmas ideas already and then acting funny while waiting at Olive Garden for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment