Monday, February 15, 2010

Our life...

WOW it has been over a month since I posted anything! Life has been super busy!


Over Christmas break I recieved a letter that as of January 22nd I would have to leave my current teaching position of 1st grade and move classrooms over the weekend and begin teaching preschool. While I was not excited about moving and very sad to leave my class-I was thankful for a job and glad that I was going to be doing a job that I was familiar with since I had taught preschool before. So over the weekend of Jan. 22nd-I packed and moved everything and was ready to greet my new classroom of 4 and 5 year olds on January 25th. It was a whirl wind weekend, but thanks to my mom and friends I am all moved in and teaching preschool has been fun. The other fun part is that I am in the same building as Mikayla, so I have been able to see her a lot more and visit her in her classroom!


Along with moving teaching position I am also taking my last graduate class before I write my thesis. The class is a lot of work...but I am learning a ton from it. So that has been keeping me very busy! Here are a few random pictures from the month I hope you enjoy!



Mikayla got a cool school computer by crayola for Christmas. She loves playing it on our big screen TV that we got...Daddy hooked up a computer and a bunch of gadgets! It amazes me how techie my 3 year old is becoming!





Mikayla's music program. In January Mikayla had to say goodbye to her music teacher because of all the changes in our district-the preschoolers don't have music anymore with the teacher. So as a last activity with Mr. Dykema the music teacher they sang some of their favorite songs. It was a great program!


Last year on January 18, our wonderful friends Mike and Carmen Noorman gave birth to their 3rd beautiful girl-Abby Lane Noorman. I was blessed to be part of Mike and Carmen's birth. I have always dreamed of being able to experience a normal birth and after my "not so normal" birth with Mikayla, I had hoped that someday I would be able to experience a birth. Carmen and Mike allowed me this opportunity. It was wonderful. And I couldn't believe a year has already gone by but Abby turned 1 and we felt so blessed to be part of the celebration. Here are just a few of our favorite shots!

After celebrating Abby's birthday we did a little sledding in the Noorman back yard. But unfortunately the snow was very hard and icy. James and Mike had a race and James lost as he bashed his face into the ground and got a scraped face. The last picture is a picture of Mikayla checking on her Dad to make sure he was ok. We did have 1 family ride down the hill, but it was too hard to do much more sledding! We are hoping to get back out there after some new snow falls!



Happy Valentine's Day! Our little sweetie all dressed for the heart holiday! Mikayla had fun opening gifts at Grandma's on Valentine's day!






2 comments:

  1. Julie,
    I never knew that your friends let you be a part of the birth of their daughter. How generous of them! Miss you a lot. Glad to hear preschool is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete