So the month of May didn't involve as many pictures, but it was a busy month too!
We had a great time celebrating our friends Mike and Carmen's daughter Ellie's 3rd birthday. She had a Minnie party and Mikayla was so excited because that was her theme last year! Here are a few highlights of the day!
The super adorable Minnie cake made by Carmen's friend Amy-but not the same Amy that did MIkayla's Dora cake-amazing there is to amazing cake ladies named Amy! .JPG)
Mikayla, Emma and Ellie-so cute!
Mikayla and Ellie hanging out in a secret hiding spot! It was so cute because they were in there reading books together taking a "break" from the party!
The next activity for the month was that I got my haircut. I have been growing it out since last year and have always wanted to donate my hair, so it was finally long enough. I donated it to a local place called "Children with Hair Loss." It felt great to donate to a great cause and I love my new hair do for the summer. It is super easy to do and keeps me cool on hot days!
James took on the sport of soccer and was in a small tournament with some guys from his work. He played goalie and did a great job. They won 2nd place in the tournament-not to bad for a team that only practiced together a few times!
Mikayla had a fieldtrip to Gymanstik's Unlimited. Which she totally fell in love with and we are getting her signed up for summer gymnastics. She can't wait-it starts at the end of June and she is ready and asking almost everyday when she gets to start gymnastics!
Jumping on the trampoline!
Jumping in the foam pit-last time I took her to a gymnastics place-she wouldn't jump in it she had no fear this time!
Being a little monkey! This was her favorite part, the second time around she hung put her feet up in the rings too! I think we may have a gymnast on our hands!
With Mrs. Mary-Mikayla's teacher!
It was amazing how many hot days we got in the month of May! Nice to have, but wishing I wasn't in school when it was happening. Here is Mikayla cooling off in the sprinkler one afternoon! I think we are beginning to have a water girl on our hands-last summer she would barely get her face wet, now she didn't want to stop!
Well we had a few more events, but as this posting is getting extremely long and I couldn't get the pictures downloaded for some reason I am ending it. Mikayla had a spring concert and did a great job singing the songs. It was so cute to see her perform with all her friends. It is amazing the gains she has made this year I can't wait to see how much she learns next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment