Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Starting a new tradition...

It had been years since I had been to a strawberry patch and actually picked my own strawberries...I must say it is easier to just go to the store and buy them, however it was a fun experience and a good way to get a lot of strawberries for a pretty reasonable price. So Monday evening with the threat of rain looming--my mom, Mikayla and I headed out to De Lange's in Hudsonville to pick some strawberries.  Mikayla had a great time and even though she wasn't great at getting the best strawberries she did a pretty good job and helped us in filling our baskets! Here are a few pictures of picking and today I made 15 jars of freezer jam and a some strawberry shortcake!


I think we have started a new tradition to the beginning of our summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment